Blog Archive

Friday, August 6, 2010

What's your Bookmark?

I love to read many different books at a time. So I need many bookmarks. My bookmarks are memory keepers. Some of them include actual bookmarks like the one that celebrated my local library’s grand re-opening or the one from the library on a past cruise. I also use ticket stubs from events and postcards from places I’ve visited but never got around to sending out. They do a great job in holding my place in a book but they also bring back great memories. And being a bit of a romantic I even have a pressed rose in a cherished book. That bookmark doesn’t get moved as it is too fragile.

Sometimes I love a book so much that I don’t want to finish it as it will be the end of a relationship. I will have to move on to another book. It is both a sad and a complete feeling when the reading is done.

I don’t have a house full of books as I believe in a catch and release method of ownership. I read a book and pass it on. I also buy extra copies of books that I especially love to pass on to others.

Here are some great quotes about books that I wished I had said…

If there’s a book you really want to read but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it. Toni Morrison

Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it. P.J. O’Rourke

The best of a book is not the thought which it contains, but the thought which it suggests; just as the charm of music dwells not in the tones but in the echoes of our hearts. Oliver Wendell Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment