Blog Archive

Friday, August 19, 2011

CELEBRATING 100 POSTS!!

Here's to my first milestone of 100 posts! I started slow and intermittent then became consistent. Thank you one and all who have read and commented on my thoughts.

From writing these posts, here's what I have discovered. First, many of them take longer than I expect. Especially the ones where I include a lot of quotes. I am very picky about what quotes I use which extends my reading and research times. The same goes for the pictures I use. I've really liked sharing my sidebar pictures with you of some of my favorite things.

Secondly, I really love doing the author interviews. It's been fun doing interviews with people I know and learning more about their writing. But even more so I enjoy doing interviews with strangers and getting to know them and their writing. It's been inspiring to me and I hope to others as well.

Other random thoughts...Some changes to blogs are intuitive, like re-sizing pictures by keeping the ratio of the two numbers that are in quotes after you input the photo and see the description. Others like changing font colors for specific areas are not. To get followers you have to work at it, they just don't come automatically unless you are a celebrity.

I also enjoy being part of a blog chain and getting to see the writing styles of others. The chain I post with monthly has poets which on my own I would not have searched out. Now I look forward to reading their posts and seeing the emotional way they can create a word picture.

Now it's time to grow some more with my blogging. I'm going to be branching out with a new blog. I'll still do this blog but I'm adding another. This new blog will be a journal of my experiences with starting over with a move across the country. I know making life changes can be scary, but I hope to encourage others with my experiences as a time of growth. Here's the link to my new blog... http://startingoveratxage.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 100th post! Way to go! More power to you to do another! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 100th post, Chris, and may there be many more both here and at the new blog, which I'm going to check out now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! And good luck on the next blog!

    ReplyDelete