Being a writer I am constantly looking into writer's guidelines of all different sources. Who knows where I might find a niche for my writing. It is also fun to find out new writing sources. Sometimes I can read a story that is not my writing genre but can inspire me to write something that is.
Today I looked into Clarkesworld Magazine for their guidelines just for fun. If you want to learn more about their guidelines or read some sci-fi click here. Though I am a fan of Arthur C. Clarke, Asimov and Heinlein, I can't imagine writing science fiction in that style. Got a kick out of their please don't send ideas...
- stories where the climax is dependent on the spilling of intestines
- (What if those intestines contained the secrets of solving global warming?)
- stories where the Republicans, or Democrats, or Libertarians, or the Spartacist League, etc. take over the world and either save or ruin it
- (We have enough politics on the news or pretend news)
- sexy vampires, wanton werewolves, or lusty pirates
- (Are there others out there also waiting for the end of the vampire and werewolf madness?)