Blog Archive

Monday, August 2, 2010

Getting More from your Library

I am an avid reader and though my budget doesn't allow me to buy all the books I would like to own, I can enhance my book supply temporarily by using my library card. At times when I have checked my local library to see if they have a book I would like to read, I have been disappointed that it wasn't stocked there. My friend and mentor, Nancy Sanders, recently wrote about how to get that book to your library and it doesn't entail buying and donating it. You can request it from your county library system.

I've often used this idea when I am buying an item from a store and they are out of stock but can have it shipped in from another location. It's wonderful to know that this can be done with libraries as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment