Blog Archive

Thursday, August 19, 2010

When I Grow up

Who doesn't dream about being famous? When I was a child of 10 I already dreamed of being a famous writer. My best friend told me she would hold on to my letters as she expected me to be famous someday and she could sell them and make a lot of money. I am not close to being a famous name but it doesn't mean I don't have a passion for the writing I do. I really love writing for children. When I'm in a classroom or in the library I always like to chat with children to find out who they like to read and what makes it interesting for them. I feel alive when I am around children and sharing the love of reading like I have. I always cheer on kids when I see them walk out of the library with a stack of books!

Here's a blog from another writer on the lure of writing that I enjoyed reading...

Kathryn Lay writer: Living the Dream: "When I first started my writing career back in 1991, I dreamed of someday being famous. I dreamed of piles of fan mail from kids everywhere ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment