Blog Archive

Friday, August 20, 2010

Wishing and Hoping in Anticipation

I’ve had a busy last two weeks. I’ve sent out 2 stories, entered 2 contests and done the first and second draft of a picture book. Now the waiting comes in. I can’t just sit back and wait for something to happen. It’s time for the next follow through. I have to do the research as to which publisher will be the best fit for my picture book. Unlike clothes, one size doesn’t fit all (and those one size clothes really don’t fit everyone). So it’s time to hit the bookstores and libraries to find publishers that fit my style. There are a ton of publishers out there!

However, if my first choice of publishers doesn’t agree with me, I can’t give up. I have to keep trying to find the right fit. Here’s a link to a piece about the importance of keeping your work circulating by Evelyn B. Christensen who is an award winning children’s author.

No comments:

Post a Comment