Blog Archive

Thursday, October 27, 2011

I'm a Guest Blogger Today

I'm usually busy with my own interviews and editing but today I am posting on another blog. It's a first for me and probably not the last time as others have been asking me to add my thoughts to their blogs. However in the past I have graciously declined. Mostly I've forgone the opportunity as I have been too busy with my other writing. I feel I need to stretch myself a little to get more motivated so I took on this new writing option. I hope you will hop over to read my thoughts entitled "Fear of Writing" at http://www.ckvolnek.com and click on blog.

But I don't want to leave you without some thoughts to ponder from reading my blog. What better way to do that than to give you glimpses of more famous writers and their thoughts on the topic of writing.

The wastebasket is a writer's best friend. Isaac Bashevis Singer

Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. E.L. Doctorow
Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them. There's many a bestseller that could have been prevented by a good teacher.
Flannery O'Connor

I try to leave out the parts that people skip. Elmore Leonard

If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it. Toni Morrison

Substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very;" your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be. Mark Twain

I'm not a very good writer, but I'm an excellent re-writer. James Michener

The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is you really want to say. Mark Twain

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass. Anton Chekhov

Easy reading is damn hard writing. Nathaniel Hawthorne

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out. Author Unknown

I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork. Peter De Vries

Come back again next Tuesday for my next author interview and gain more insights on writing from new writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment