Blog Archive

Sunday, October 2, 2011

On Journeys and Writing

As the Chinese proverb says, "Every journey begins with a single step." And with writing it begins with the first word on the page. As I am currently on a journey to a new home, it makes me think about comparisons between the trip and writing.

When you get ready for a journey you usually map it out to make the going easier. It's the same with writing except that the map now becomes the outline. The outline helps me go from a beginning to a completion. As with a journey I can always add side trips with writing I can also take my characters to side stories.Yet with both cases I still need to keep the end in mind.

It's the start of a new month and a new blog chain topic. I hope you'll take a look at it. Lots of good thoughts can be found in these posts so take some time to read them. I will be adding my new interview on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment