Saturday, November 5, 2011
And The Award Goes To...
One of my favorite fellow bloggers recently presented me with the "One Lovely Blog Award."
The requirements of receiving this award are:
1. To thank the giver and link back to her site. I did that personally, but here it is again: THANK YOU, Carol! Here's the link to her blog: http://fromcarolsquill.blogspot.com
2. Provide 5 random facts that folks may not know about you.
3. Pass this award on to 5 other lovely blog sites. Let them know you're awarding them. Link to their sites.
4. Copy the award logo and paste it onto your own site.
Here are those 5 random facts:
1. As a child I could eat the same sandwich day in and out for 30 days or more. One of my favorites was just bread and butter. Now I can go just two days without getting bored with the same food.
2. I've been to a private reception at the White House and still have the invitation to prove it though I considered trying to sell it on ebay (It was just me and a mere 400 others sipping cocktails)
3. I love to read but I don't hold on to books. There's only one that I have kept since I was a child. It was the book of poems by R.S.L. that were read to my mother as a child and then to me by my mom.
4. While vacationing in the Bahamas I ran into a friend who I played softball with during 6th grade summer. At the time it was 15 years later and 1100 miles away from my home town. I also ran into old friends while I was vacationing 500 miles from home and 200 miles from home proving that it is a small world indeed!
5. I love cruising! One time while I was on a cruise vacation I entered a contest for a free vacation to that port. My husband thought it was a waste of time filling out the form but he changed his thoughts on the subject when we arrived home and found a package showing we had won the trip -- yes, it was legitimate and not a scam.
Here are the five wonderful,lovely and unique sites (awarded in no particular order):