Blog Archive

Friday, February 22, 2013

And the Winner Is... My Favorite Writing Contests

Do you need writing motivation? Do you want a weekly writing prompt? I know I do especially when I need to walk away from a current writing project for a break. I do that by entering writing contests. The contests I chose to enter never have entry fees and always have a reward of some sort - cash is a favorite of mine.

Personally, I just entered a short story contest that will be judged by voting. It's the James Patterson contest called "The Kiss." You have to write a max of 500 words about star crossed lovers. Would you please take a moment to vote? All you need to do is use the link below and click on the heart icon to vote for me. http://figment.com/books/545799-Tainted-Love-A-Day-of-Promises

If you still want to enter "The Kiss Contest" yourself, you better do it quick. The deadline is 2/26 and when you click on my link above, the top of the page will show you the other upcoming contests as well. 

Here's another one that I find amusing and am in the editing stage on my story. The details are...
The story must include a cat and a Rottweiler who is not a mean dog. The cat and Rottweiler can belong to the same person or have different owners. Somewhere in the story must be the phrase "it was a dark and stormy night." The word count must be at least 2,000 words and no more than
7,000 words. Deadline is April 1. The contest link is http://www.blacklilackitty.com/

And one more that sounds intriguing but I just can't do one more contest right now. The theme is -- "Darkness and light... one cannot exist without the other." Here's a short version of the details... Our imaginations are as limitless as darkness and light, so allow it to carry you to places you have never explored before; we would be delighted to take the journey with you. Stories must center around the theme “Darkness and Light”. There is no limit to the amount of entries you may submit into the competition. Deadline is 2/27 so get writing! http://www.storiesspace.com/competitions/

No comments:

Post a Comment