No, I'm not a rabid fan of Robin Williams early days on the "Mork and Mindy" TV show, but I do appreciate his comic genius there.
What I am a fan of is National Novel Writing Month known as NaNoWriMo or NaNo for short. If you're a writer and don't know what it is, it's time to get initiated. It's a one month commitment to write a minimum of 50,000 words of a novel or 1,667 words per day.
Sounds like a daunting task for most, but it can be done. that is, if you are willing to make the commitment. Yes, that terrible "C" word that many seem adverse to doing. But if you want to take your writing to the next level, it is a must do.
And here's the Top 10 Reasons Why...
10. It's a great way to keep with your diet. If you're typing, you can't be eating.
9. You can use your need to write as a reason to have the Thanksgiving meal done at someone else's house, because you are too busy.
8. You'll have uber finger muscles after all that typing.
7. If you type via voice command, you'll improve your diction dramatically to what's typed isn't gibberish.
6. You won't have time to watch those annoying political ads and vote tally rehashes since you're writing.
5. Someone else will have to walk the dog during the bad weather, you've got to focus on your writing.
4. Who's got time for housecleaning? You're writing.
3. You realize the value of an outline to keep a story going and the need to veer off to side stories as needed.
2. You discover you can write fast.
And the top reason overall...
1. You will have a first draft of your novel!
Ready to take your writing commitment to the next level, here's the link to get you started...