Blog Archive

Saturday, December 22, 2018

Learning by Connecting with Others: Author Interview with Tabitha Bouldin

How did you come up with the idea of your Christmas themed book?
I knew I wanted to write about a woman who owned a coffee shop. So, I started imagining what the shop would look like. From there it just morphed into this entire Christmas town.

Could you give me a short synopsis of the story for my readers?
Holly Winters lives in Jingle Junction, the self-proclaimed capital of Christmas spirit. Patrick Rockafeller is just passing through, literally, he was brought in to replace Henry, the current delivery guy who is in the hospital with pneumonia. As soon as Henry is back on his feet, Patrick will happily dust the snow of Jingle Junction from his shoes and drive away.

You see, Patrick can't stand Christmas, or coffee, for that matter. That confession gives Holly a Christmas mission...prove to Patrick that Christmas is about more than pretty lights and decorated trees. Christmas is about love, forgiveness, and second chances.

What made you decide to do a Christmas themed book?
It happened completely by accident. I wanted to write something fun, just a quick read novella type, and immediately the lightbulb went off and I knew I had to write a Christmas book. 

What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions?

My favorite tradition is one we started many years ago when my brother married. Every Christmas Eve we all go to my parents' house, all of us, kids, spouses, the works. We started off with five and now we're up to thirteen so it's a pretty full house.

We stay up all night playing board games and wrapping presents. At daylight, there's the obligatory Christmas breakfast before anyone can open gifts. If you ask any one of us, kids included, what their favorite thing about Christmas is, they'll say it's that, just the love and joy of being together as a family.

What’s next?
I have another book set to release on Valentine's day called Trial by Faith. It is basically part two of my first book and follows a different set of characters, but we will still pay the original characters a visit. I hope to set up a book signing when that one I released.

What’s the best writing tip you’ve learned or been given you’d like to share?
The best writing tip I have learned is to pray before I start a project, or any time before I sit to write. I'm not traveling this road alone, God gives me the words, I just write them down. Always remember you have friends and don't be afraid to ask questions. Most authors are more than happy to answer questions. Readers, we love hearing from you. 

What do you know now about writing and publishing you wish you had learned sooner?
This goes hand in hand with the previous question. I'm a fresh-faced baby author, my first book was only published at the beginning of this year. I wish I had known sooner that it's okay to talk to other authors and it's okay to ask them questions. You shouldn't sit in your little corner of the world feeling all alone. 

Any last words or tips?
Connect with other people, authors, readers, bloggers, just find like-minded people. Talk to them, engage, and build your audience, build your friendships. Help other people when you can and ask for help when you need it. If you're an author, remember, every author started out in the same place...with a story in their heart that begged to be told.

That’s all for today’s interview. If you’d like to learn more about Tabitha’s current book or upcoming ones, here are ways to do that.

Facebook:  https://facebook.com/tabithabouldinauthor/           

No comments:

Post a Comment