Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Celebrating “International Read to Me Day” with a New Children's Book Release

I'm celebrating “International Read to Me Day” by releasing my newest picture book for children. This is the third picture book I've published. The previous two books were ones with a Christmas theme. I am an unabashedly Christmas spirited person. I not only love reading and writing books with a Christmas theme, but I enjoy watching Christmas movies as well. As a matter of fact, I just watched another Christmas movie this week.

But back to my newest book, the cover for this rhyming story features four different children. I chose this design to be in line with the title that Jesus’s love is for everyone. Prior to writing children's books and novels, I wrote for numerous magazines and book anthologies. I now enjoy bringing those types of stories to life with pictures.

The text of this book was inspired by the scripture verses found in Psalm 139 and numerous verses in the New Testament. I wrote this story as a way for parents, grandparents, and other caregivers to remind children that no matter where they are or what they do, Jesus is always with them, and he'll see them through. That's a good message for adults, too.

When I first saw one of my picture books in paperback, I was shocked to see how skinny the book was. Making picture books in a hardcover format definitely gives more depth to the book size. Since paperback books cost about 50% less then hardcover ones, I decided to give more value then what you would be receiving from most other picture books by adding a bonus. Besides having the full story text and images, I am also including several coloring pages. But you'll have to provide your own crayons!

The publication for this book was scheduled to be released earlier this month, but due to some issues with Amazon it's been delayed. I'm waiting for my second proof to verify that what I see on a computer screen is what you'll see when you hold the book in your hand. 

The eBook is available now at a discount of $2.99. At the beginning of April, the regular price will be $4.99. I hope you'll enjoy reading the book and sharing it with others. I've already got another book in the works, so you'll be hearing about that one soon.

Have a wonderful day and remember… Jesus loves me through and through. And guess what? He loves you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment