Blog Archive

Friday, September 20, 2024

A Pun-ful Take on Autumn

According to the calendar, tomorrow is the first day of autumn. That's hard for me to comprehend living in Florida where our weekend temperatures are expected to be 90 to 91 degrees. However,  I know other parts of the country are beginning to experience the change of colors which represent autumn. As I haven't lived in a climate with four seasons since I left college, I can only picture it in my mind or perhaps write about it.

So here's my pun-ful flash fiction about an autumn conversation using words associated with the season… A slight breeze ruffled the straw hat of Steven scarecrow. He turned to his friend Peter pumpkin and sighed. “The twilight sky mirrors my fall’n feeling. My cornucopia of love for Sally Scarecrow doesn't seem enough for her. The nutmeg and ginger colors of Harvest Moon have stolen her heart.”

“Corn-cider not the brilliant rays of the harvest, her fall is only a temporary attraction. There is no bonfire of love for him. You can stake your life that she'll never leaf you.”

I would love to hear some of your puns using words relating to autumn. Add them to the comment section below.

Before I go, let me share a bit about my autumn-themed novel, The Sweetest Delights in Life. It’s set in a charming fictional town inspired by Fredericksburg in the Texas Hill Country. The story follows the budding romance between a talented baker and an exacting food critic. As they navigate misunderstandings, the chaos of a TV cooking competition, and the threat of an autumn storm, their second chance at love hangs in the balance. I hope you'll check it out and explore my collection of books for kids as well! Here’s the link:  https://www.amazon.com/Sweetest-De lights-Life-Christine-Henderson/dp/B0BJ82S87G

No comments:

Post a Comment