Blog Archive

Saturday, November 10, 2018

Christmas Fun with The Lawkeepers: An Interview with Elle E. Kay

Today is the first of several interviews with authors who have Christmas reads to help you get into the spirit of the holidays. So grab a cup of cider, hot chocolate or your favorite hot coffee and start to feel the jingle bells start jingling.

How did you come up with the idea of your Christmas themed book?
I had a sheriff in Lawfully Taken who I wanted to write more about. I gave him his own story in this one.

Would you give a short synopsis of the story for my readers?
Grace Belle's brother goes missing. Eventually, she receives a train ticket from him along with a letter suggesting she go to the New Mexico Territory to marry a sheriff. While she has no intention of complying with Calvin's plan for her to wed, she wants to find her brother, so she uses the train ticket. 

Sheriff Jack Garrison was courting Sarah Jones, but his plans change soon after Grace's arrival. Find out why Calvin went missing and how Jack, Grace, and Sarah fare in their search for him in Lawfully Given.

What made you decide to do a Christmas themed book?
I'm part of a multi-author series called the Lawkeepers and we decided as a group to put out a Christmas selection. We were able to choose historical or contemporary. I was the only author who chose to write a historical Christmas novella. This is my second Christmas-themed book. I wrote one last year called Holly's Noel and it was a great deal of fun to write, so I decided to join in with the Christmas fun again this year.

What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions?
Christmas-Eve candlelight service is my favorite Christmas tradition. There is something so peaceful about the night before Christmas when I take the time to reflect on the love of my Savior. I also enjoy the pineapple bread pudding, but that's another story.

What’s next? 
On December 4, 2018, Lawfully Promised (A Texas Rangers Lawkeepers Romance) will release. I have a romantic suspense and bride romance on the horizon after that.

What’s the best writing tip you’ve learned or been given you’d like to share?
Look into the app for "Cold Turkey Writer." 

What do you know now about writing and publishing you wish you had learned sooner?
I wish I had learned sooner how to avoid distractions and procrastination and get some words written every day (or a minimum of five days a week).

Any last words or tips?
If you are serious about being a writer, definitely give Scrivener and Cold Turkey Writer a try. Both are invaluable tools. The latter is free, and the former offers a free trial, so you have nothing to lose.

That’s all for today’s interview. Here are some links for Elle and her writing.
Website: https://www.ElleEKay.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ElleEKay7
Goodreads:
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15016833.Elle_E_Kay
Amazon Author Central: 
https://www.amazon.com/author/ellekay

No comments:

Post a Comment