Blog Archive

Monday, December 10, 2018

Say it with Poetry: An Author Interview with Dr. Phil Williams

How did you come up with the idea of your Christmas themed book?
As fall neared winter, I sat one afternoon looking out my patio window and became caught up in holiday memories. Some memories good and others no so, but the ones of Christmas pass reminded me of the song “12 Days of Christmas.” Each day for 12 days I sat in my recliner gazing out my window and wrote a poem a day using the keywords of the song in rhythm.

Could you give me a short synopsis of the story for my readers?
The book and CD paint the picture of fond Christmas memories and provides a space in this little gift book for one to record special memories. The CD is a great tea and coffee sipping tool for holiday ice-breaking conversations.

What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions?
Visiting family and friends, taking in a classic theatre production in a quaint, warm setting and Christmas worship service on Christmas Eve.

What’s next?
This month I published Dr. Phil’s Daily Dose (Refill) of daily reflections.

Are there any special awards you'd like to tell us about?
I am honored to have received the Henri Award for Literary Excellence in Arlington, Texas for my books, Be The Presence of God and Frances Ready to Die.

What are the best writing tips you’ve learned?
Write in the season and time of your inspiration, to delay could be a significant loss in content and opportunity to get yours in the hands of those desired.

What do you know about writing and publishing you wish you had learned sooner? 
Writing takes time and many, many edits for it to be on time and on target for your readers.


Dr. Phil is one of the authors in my critique group and I admire his work and enjoy fine-tuning it with him. 

If you would like to learn more about Dr. Phil’s books, here are two options. 
Pdwbooks.com 
pdwilliamsconsulting.com

No comments:

Post a Comment