Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Celebrating Christmas Books Featuring Carol Nemeth

How did you come up with the idea for your Christmas book?

My publisher came up with a collection of novellas, Christmas Lights and Romance, and I wanted to be a part of it. I was thrilled to write Parade of Hearts, my second Christmas story.

Could you give a short synopsis on the book for my readers?
New to Old Colorado City, Hannah Overman is excited about the success of her bakery. However, Hannah’s elation is soon overshadowed by the fact that her position on the Christmas parade committee isn’t going as well she had hoped. The mayor has taken a dislike to her and doubts she can do her job. The committee voted unanimously in favor of her idea to invite recently returned troops from Afghanistan to march in the Christmas parade. 

Hannah soon finds one particular Army captain is more than willing to lend a hand. However, when things turn sinister in the old town, Hannah and Capt. Caleb Ryan are caught up in something no one ever expected. Between lemon crumb muffins and threats aimed at Hannah, tension grows as the little western town prepares for the Christmas parade. Can Caleb determine what’s going on and who’s connected to the threats? His Grandpa Ed, the town pharmacist, and the whole Ryan family become involved. Hannah quickly finds herself supported by the town folk who have welcomed her as their own, but is it enough to stop the one person determined to take her out?

What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions?

It’s hard to have Christmas traditions in our family. My son is in the Army and my son-in-law in the Air Force. Both my son and my daughter and her family live so far from us. They don’t make it home for Christmas every year. My in-laws have generally spent Christmas with us every year until my father-in-law passed last year. Now my mother-in-law is the last one to still spend Christmas with us each year. We hope the kids and grandkids will come when they can. We always have a Christmas ham, green bean casserole, chocolate pie and kolachkies. When I was growing up we generally opened presents on Christmas eve because we went to my grandparents on Christmas morning. 

What’s next for your writing? 
I’m working on the fifth book in my Faith in the Parks series that will be set at Gettysburg National Military Battlefield Park. I also have a couple other books planned after that. I’m also in a great collection with some amazing authors. Dangerous Pursuits is available  at Amazon, Apple and Barnes and Noble.

What’s the best writing tip you’ve learned or been given you’d like to share?
The best writing tip I’ve learned is to read, read, read. You can’t be a good writer, if you don’t read a lot.

What do you know now about writing and publishing you wish you had learned sooner? 
To quote Snoopy, “Writing the book is 20% of the job; marketing it is the other 80%.” From Snoopy’s Guide to the Writing Life. He nailed it. If you’re not published by a large publishing house where they market you, it’s up to you to do your own marketing, and it takes an exceptional amount of time to do it if you want to get your name out there. Not only time but patience.

Any last words or tips? 
Prayer. I pray over my writing continually. I pray that it will bring honor and glory to the Father and that He will give me the words He wants me to write. That the story will be His story. That it will reach the readers He wants it to reach. More of Him and less of me.

Are there any other books that you’d like to tell my readers about?
Sure, I’d love to. If you’re looking for another Christmas book, Yorkshire Lass, is for you. It’s a historical romantic suspense full-length novel set in England at the end of WWI.

If you'd like to learn more about Carol's writing, here are some links to get you started.

No comments:

Post a Comment