Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

From the Joy of Reading to a Joy of Writing: Author Interview with Christine L. Henderson

My joy of reading started when I was a child, and my mom took me to the library where I was given the choice to get as many books as I wanted. Once home, I voraciously read them feeling like I had treasures untold. Today, two of my happy places are still libraries and bookstores.

I didn't start writing until my final year of high school when I was tasked to create a few skits for a senior program. That's when my love of writing began. In college, I looked forward to my classes that were about creative writing whether it was screenplays, short stories, or poems. My first writing job out of college was creating ad copy for radio stations.

My published writing now includes inspirational pieces for Chicken Soup for the Soul and other anthologies about family life, poems and short stories for kids’ magazines, devotionals for international magazines, and books for children and adults.

One of my books I'm especially proud of is a devotional and activity book for children. That book has been awarded a 5-star Reader's Favorite Rating. Here are the details from that rating...

Exploring the Bible: Prayers, Poems, Praises, Bible Verses, and Fun Pages is an entertaining Biblical activity book for children. Filled with an interesting combination of puzzles, word searches, coloring pages, and a collection of related Bible verses, this is a great resource for Sunday school teachers and home-school parents alike. It's also a book that would be helpful for anyone wanting something engaging for their children to work on while learning names and lessons from the Bible. Every few pages there is space for children to write about something they are thankful for on that day, in their own words. These pages provide a great opportunity for children to practice their writing skills while also learning to cultivate a mindset of gratitude. It is even a fun way for children to learn critical thinking skills and to reflect on their thoughts and feelings.

In Exploring the Bible, the author has done a wonderful job of creating an interactive learning tool for children. While including a wide variety of learning games that children can enjoy, this book also contains a good mix of Old Testament and New Testament lessons that offers children an opportunity to learn more about the books of the Bible and some of the lesser talked about characters. 

I loved the way that the layout of the activity book was easy to follow and well-considered. With a mix of mazes and coloring pages with absorbing word games, it's a great book to have on hand for group learning events. Appropriate for home-school, church, after-school programs, or just something to have on hand for children to pass the time, this Bible activity book is well suited for parents and teachers alike.

If you'd like to learn more about this book or my other books, here's the Amazon link to find them:https://www.amazon.com/stores/Christine-L.-Henderson/author/B09L2Y7XNP

 

No comments:

Post a Comment