Blog Archive

Friday, December 22, 2023

It's Beginning to Read Like Christmas 2023: Wishing You a Merry Christmas

It's been a busy Christmas blog posting for me this year. I started my first post about Christmas books back at the end of October. Since then I've done two postings a week introducing you to various authors and providing many opportunities to easily get free books in the process.

I've also been active with the Facebook group, Clean Christmas Romance Readers. I participated in their 25 Days of Christmas online party where games were played, favorite traditions about Christmas shared, and eBooks were given away. I also was a part of their Christmas in July promotion.

And of course my biggest writing project of the year was working with 11 other romance authors to create a box set of Christmas themed novellas. I’ve enjoyed getting to know them through online chats and getting additional tips on writing as

well. I'll be working with a few of them again with a new Christmas box set for 2024. I just started the book for that one but only have 3000 words of a rough draft so far. My early stages of writing usually have me playing in my head with several different plot lines. I know how I want my book to finish, but I've got to decide which of those plot line routes I'll be taking.

I also have another Christmas book in the final edit. It’s a time travel Christmas romance. I'm not sure if I want to do that as a standalone book or try to place that in another box set with other authors. I had a lot of fun doing the research for that book which starts in the present day and goes back to 1955. That book tells the tale of a young woman who's too much of a workaholic.

She’s transported back to 1955 by Santa and gets to spend time with her beloved grandfather who died when she was young and learns through her time in that era of the importance of valuing friends and family.

During this year, I’ve published a number of books. I hope you'll check them out on Amazon. I've written fun books for kids, sweet romances, devotionals for families, and even a cookbook.  Here's the link so you can find them all and see what's coming next as well. 

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Christine-L.-Henderson/author/B09L2Y7XNP

I'm personally not participating in any eBook giveaways at this time, but I’m still going to point to some others as a special Christmas gift. Here's an assortment of free eBook reads from romance, to mystery, to thrillers. Some are Christmas themed and some are not.   https://books.bookfunnel.com/christmas_stories_for_leads

         Merry Christmas and all the best for the coming New Year!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Christine. I have enjoyed your posts and have picked up many writing and marketing tips. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is excellent work.

    ReplyDelete