Blog Archive

Friday, January 5, 2024

Finding Your Writing Niche: Author Interview with Marisa Masterson

What made you decide to write your first novel? Was there a book/author who made you think, I could do that? What made you choose to write historical romance?

I had a great deal of encouragement from other indie authors. Cyndi Raye especially told me I could write a book and should. Christine Sterling mentored me, chapter by chapter. She has a talent for teaching new writers.

You’re an indie author, which means you’re in charge of everything from writing to publishing and marketing. Other than writing, what other parts of the process do you personally do or hire others to do?
I have a team of volunteer beta readers. They are my cheerleaders as well as ladies who put in the time to read my books and make them better. I also employ an editor and someone to format my books.

What’s the best encouragement you’ve had in your writing?
When I reached one million page reads in Kindle Unlimited with my book, Ruby’s Risk, I was ecstatic. It told me that readers did enjoy what I write. Leaving reviews is also important. Reader reviews have kept me writing new books.

Marketing is the biggest key to making sales. What is the best marketing source you've used that has produced more sales rather than just clicks?

I employ someone to make my Facebook ads. She has helped me turn those clicks into sales.

What do you know now about writing you wished you had known sooner?
What I love reading is not always what the readers want.

What is the best writing advice you’ve received or could give?
Imagine where you want to be as an author and hold on to that. Keep it in your mind and don’t get discouraged. Also, do not compare yourself to other authors!

What is the next book coming out? Can you give me a short synopsis?
My next book is A Journey for Patience: The Reluctant Wagon Train Bride, which has a release date of February 20, 2024. Here are the details.

Patience needs to recover a map to find where her father buried his money. To get it, she must reach her uncle. Two things keep her from traveling on the wagon train that will take her to Fort Collins and to her uncle who is stationed there. The wagon master refuses to take on an unmarried woman with no father. The second is her younger sister.

HOW DOES THIS DETERMINED WOMAN BECOME A WIFE HEADED TO CALIFORNIA INSTEAD OF TO COLORADO?

That's all for today's interview. That new book sounds like an intriguing story! If you'd like to learn more about marisa's books, here are some links to get you started.
www.marisamasterson.com
www.bookbub.com/authors/marisa-masterson
www.facebook.com/marisa.masterson.33

And here's a bonus for my readers... Click on the link below to get a free eBook from Melissa  
https://BookHip.com/HCVRRXT.

No comments:

Post a Comment