Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Let's Talk Christmas Books and Traditions: Author Interview with Cheryl Harper

How did you come up with the idea for your Christmas book? Could you give a short synopsis on the book for my readers?
Making Up Under the Mistletoe is part of a collection all set in Christmas Town, Maine. I'd never attempted a marriage-in-trouble story, but it's so easy to fall in love with both characters and cheer for them when they work things out. Josh and Ivy are keeping the news of their plan to divorce secret until after Christmas...until a stray dog named Dash changes everything.

What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions?
I love pulling out all the old ornaments, some that hung on my mother's Christmas tree, too. They bring back such sweet memories. The other thing that is required for a merry Christmas? A bite of the peanut butter fudge my grandmother always made for Christmas dinner, and then my mother, and now me.

What’s next? 
I'm working on a Harlequin Heartwarming series all set in Miami at a bridge community for men and women leaving military service. The first two books, A Soldier Saved and The Dalmatian Dilemma, are out. The Doctor and the Matchmaker will be next, available in March 2021.

What’s the best writing tip you’ve learned or been given you’d like to share? There is no one right way. The only right way to write is whatever it takes to get words on the page. I think about writing a lot, but I don't make any progress until words make it to paper.

What do you know now about writing and publishing you wish you had learned sooner? 
I love books, always have. No matter how hard a writing career can be at times, I am surrounded by people who feel that same magic. That's a sweet benefit.

Any last words or tips? 
The better you focus on your own stories, your own work, instead of comparing it to others, the happier you will be.

Are there any other books that you’d like to tell my readers about? 
Do you love sweet Christmas romance? Come to Christmas Town, Maine! There are enough treats here to fll the holiday season.

If you'd like to learn more about Cheryl's writing, here are some links to get you started.

https://cherylharperbooks.com/
https://www.facebook.com/CherylHarperRomance

No comments:

Post a Comment