Blog Archive

Friday, November 5, 2021

Celebrating Christmas Books with Terri Weldon

How did you come up with the idea for your Christmas book?

I had written a previous Christmas novella, Mistletoe Magic, featuring a small town with a huge Christmas celebration. One of the events I mentioned was a living nativity. Even though the two stories aren’t connected, when I decided to write a second Christmas novella the idea of a living nativity and all the things that could go wrong just wouldn’t leave me alone.

Could you give a short synopsis on the book for my readers?
Pastor Jacob Thompson is in need of a director for the living nativity program and veterinarian Molly Kincaid offers to take on the job. The task involves far more than Molly bargained for, nonetheless, she’d do anything to help out the man she secretly loves – even sew costumes or cast eight-year-old Wesley Simpson as an angel.

Jacob’s daughter Emma longs to have a mommy of her own, but the widowed pastor has vowed to never remarry, and isn’t ready to open his heart to love again. Molly dreams of filling the void in both their lives, but fears she lacks the necessary qualities to be a pastor’s wife.

As Molly and Jacob work together on the living nativity, their feelings for one another grow. Will Molly realize she is just what Jacob and Emma need in their lives? Can Jacob be released from his grief-stricken promise? Could this unlikely duo prove to be a match made in heaven?


What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions?
Oh, that’s a tough question for me and an easy one. Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year and I love everything about it. At our house we go over the top decorating. I think I’ve watched too many Hallmark movies! 😊

We have several Christmas traditions but celebrating advent and anticipating the birth of Christ is my favorite. We do an Advent Study each year and between lighting the advent candle, singing, and doing the study I find it helps me focus on the true meaning of Christmas and really look forward to celebrating the birth of Christ.

What else would you like to tell my readers about your writing?

In The Christmas Bride Wore Boots I introduce a secondary couple – Riley and Summer. Summer and I both fell hard for Riley! I recently released their story, The Cowboy’s Bride Wore Lace. I hope readers will enjoy both stories. I’m already hard at work on book three of the Berryhill Brides.

What’s the best writing tip you’ve learned or been given you’d like to share?
“You can fix anything but a blank page.” – Nora Roberts
For me, that tip is gold. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been typing away on my computer and thought this is awful. What I discovered is most the time it’s better than I thought and I can fix whatever is wrong with the words on the page.

But if I wait until the muse strikes, I skip days on end of writing and have nothing to show for it but blank pages. Blank pages can’t be fixed.

So true! Writers need to keep writing. What do you know now about writing and publishing you wish you had learned sooner?
Never stop learning about your craft – both the writing side and the business side. There are conferences, books, and online classes that can help facilitate your growth in these areas.

Any last words or tips?
One last tip is never give up.

I agree. Take on the challenge and keep writing. That's all for today's interview. If you'd like to learn more about Terri's books, here are ways to do that.

Website: www.terriweldon.com and sign up for her quarterly newsletter 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/terri.weldon.5
Twitter: https://twitter.com/weldon_terri
Amazon Books: Mistletoe Magic - https://amzn.to/2ZPxFVM
The Christmas Bride Wore Boots -  
https://amzn.to/2YiUxfT
 

No comments:

Post a Comment