Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

It's Beginning to Read Like Christmas on the Ranch 2023: Author Interview with Hope August

What made you decide to write Christmas themed books
?
Older Hallmark and now Great American Family channel holiday movies. I just can't get enough of them. I also read a lot of sweet holiday romances. 

Could you give a short synopsis on the books for my readers?
My Sweet Paradise Resort Christmas series tells the stories of couples who find love at Sweet Paradise Resort. Readers will experience some of their favorite tropes including enemies to lovers, opposites attract, workplace romance, mistaken identity, and forced proximity. Each book invites you on a romantic, snow-filled holiday escape without leaving your home. These are clean and wholesome stories that can be read as stand-alones but are best enjoyed in order. 

What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions?
I love decorating the tree as a family the day after Thanksgiving. Also, taking turns opening up one present on Christmas Eve. Oh, and driving neighborhoods admiring super extravagant Christmas displays. We recently started a tradition of completing a holiday puzzle in the month of December. Nothing too complicated. Just a few pieces a day for each family member. 

What’s next for you in writing? 

More Christmas romances of course! The next series will be a spinoff from Book 3 Christmas Cookies and Coworkers of the Sweet Paradise Resort Christmas series. Eve and Gabriel have purchased a new resort in the charming town of Starlight, Texas. The new resort (Sagebrush Dude Ranch) promises just as many holiday feels, even if snowfall is more intermittent. Three novellas in the Sagebrush Dude Ranch series should be out before the end of the year.

What’s the best writing tip you’ve learned or been given you’d like to share?
Write what you love reading. 
 
What do you know now about writing and publishing you wish you had learned sooner?
There's no perfect time to start writing. I've learned that waiting until you have "time to write" or "feel like it" is just another form of procrastination. It often means nothing gets finished. I have plenty of stories I've started and stopped over the years but never finished. I was waiting - for what? Some imaginary ideal time? I finally realized it didn't exist. LOL! It's the main reason it took me so long to publish my first book.
 
Any last words or tips?
 
I just want to say how much I appreciate my readers. The feedback I receive is so encouraging and I often refer to it on days when it's hard to write. 
 
Are there any other books that you’d like to tell my readers about?
Yes, I'm so excited about my new full-length cowboy romance novel. It's with the editor now. If readers love these characters as much as I do, then this will likely turn into a new series with at least one Christmas novella in 2024.

That's all for today's interview. If you'd like to learn more about Hope's books, here are some links to get you started.
BookBub https://www.bookbub.com/authors/hope-august
Website: https://hopeaugust.com
And here's a special bonus...Get a free short story to read to decompress and take a holiday break: https://dl.bookfunnel.com/gy70643sr8


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I look forward to checking out Hope's books!

    ReplyDelete