Blog Archive

Friday, December 8, 2023

Suspicions and Danger in Christmas 2023 Romance: Author Interview with Camy Tang

How did you come up with the idea for your Christmas book? Could you give a short synopsis on the book for my readers?

My debut novel was Sushi for One?, which was the first book in my Sushi series. I wrote book 4 in 2012, but just this past year decided to write book #5, The Lone Rice Ball, as a Christmas story. Here’s the short description of the book:

Independent Mimi visits family in Hawaii and is reunited with Tosh, a boy she wronged when she was much younger and much more stupid. She tries to apologize to the handsome security consultant but becomes embroiled in his investigation into drugs on the North Shore. Despite regretting who she used to be and struggling with who she wants to become, could Mimi possibly receive a Christmas romance in paradise?

Some of the supporting characters in the book will be the main characters in my upcoming Warubozu Spa Chronicles, a Christian humorous romantic suspense series.
The Lone Rice Ball is available now as part of the multi-author box set, Once Upon a Starry Night: A Very Merry Christmas Romance Collection (along with Christines book!).

What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions?
Every year, Mom bought a new ornament for my brother and me. It was always something personal for us as opposed to a generic design. When I got married and we had our own house, she sent all those ornaments to me so I could hang them on my own tree.

What’s next for you in writing? 
My next book will be a Christian humorous romantic suspense novel, Sushi and Suspicions, which will release this summer as part of the multi-author box set Summer Suspicions: Ten Christian Romantic Suspense Novels. Right now, if readers preorder Summer Suspicions for 99 cents, they can join our special Summer Suspicions reader club newsletter and get a free ebook from the authors of the box set every month until the release date.

What’s the best writing tip you’ve learned or been given you’d like to share?

It might be a bit difficult to get through at times, but the best book I ever read was Techniques of the Selling Writer by Dwight Swain. The techniques are the best I’ve read to help structure scenes to have good pacing. I wrote a series of blog articles about the book. https://storysensei.blogspot.com/2005/08/articles-from-swain.html

What do you know about writing and publishing you wish you had learned sooner?
I thought that once you figured out how to write, you’d always write the same way, but I’m realizing that sometimes the way I write changes from book to book. So I need to learn to be flexible.

Any last words or tips?
When I was younger, I felt God telling me to set down my writing because I wasn’t writing for His glory, instead I just wanted my name on a book cover. Years later, I felt Him giving me the green light to take up writing again. I think because of those years of not writing when I wanted to write, I know that I’m writing now for the right reasons. I always pray that my writing will accomplish God’s will. I think that no matter what you do, if you keep God’s will first and foremost, you will know you’re doing the right thing.


That's all for today's interview.
Hope you will check out Camy's books. Since we're in the same Christmas box set, I've already read her story and enjoyed it. She has great sales and freebies to make it easy for you to get to know her storytelling style. I've preorderd the Summer Suspicions box set myself and have enjoyed getting the free books. I also signed up for the bonus eBook through Book Funnel. So what are you waiting for! Get your copies now!

Preorder Summer Suspicions for only $0.99 and join the reader club to get a free book each month: 

No comments:

Post a Comment