Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

It's Beginning to Read Like Sweet Christmas Romances 2023: Author Interview with Karen Liszewski

What made you decide to write a Christmas themed book? 
Christmas is my favorite time of the year and I love sitting down, by the tree, and reading Christmas books or watching Christmas movies. This led me to writing my own Christmas book!

Could you give a short synopsis on the books for my readers?
My debut novel, Meet Me In Winterberry, is a clean, Christmas romance. 
Here's the tagline and  blurb... What would you do if you thought you had it all figured out, but life had different plans?

Penelope Maxwell has it all. She lives in a penthouse in Manhattan, has a successful acting career, a closet that most women would die for, and is newly engaged to the man of her dreams. Until the day after Thanksgiving, when it all came crashing down. 

Now she finds herself stranded in a Christmas obsessed, small town in Vermont where no one knows her identity. With no phone and a car that doesn’t run, she is forced to reevaluate the life she thought she loved.

For Brent Harrison, not long after losing his wife, he moves back to his hometown of Winterberry, Vermont with his daughter Nora, to help his parents run their Inn. He hates all things Christmas and isn’t looking forward to the craziness of the season in the small town.

When he comes across a broken down car in the middle of Main Street with the most beautiful woman inside, he decides to do the right thing and invite her to stay in a room at the Inn.

As the two spend time together, an attraction grows that they both can’t seem to ignore. Will this be a Christmas that will change both of their lives forever? Or will Penelope go back to her old life, leaving Brent to pick up the pieces of his heart once again?

What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions?

I love getting hot cocoa and driving around to see Christmas lights. Also, my husband, daughter and I always watch Elf the night we decorate the tree and my husband gets Chick Fil A for dinner!

What’s next in writing for you? 
I have a few books planned for the future and the next Winterberry book will be coming out next Christmas!

What’s the best writing tip you’ve learned or been given you’d like to share?
There have been two things I have learned from writing my first book. First, write every single day. Even if it is a jumbled mess, sit down in the chair every single day and write. Second, write from your heart. Don’t try to write a book just so that it sells. Stay true to you and what feels right.

What do you know now about writing and publishing you wish you had learned sooner?
I wish I knew everything that went into publishing a book! From the marketing and the editing to all of the decisions you have to make, I have been learning as I go.

Any last words or tips?
If you are like me, and you have wanted to write a book but have been too scared to do it, just go for it. I promise, it is worth it!

Are there any other books that you’d like to tell my readers about?
I’m excited for Mary Kay Andrews’ new Christmas book, Bright Lights, Big Christmas, as well as a a novella that comes out every year, part of a series, called The Moonglow Christmas by Deborah Garner that I look forward to every year!

That's all for today's interview. If you'd like to learn more about Karen's writing, here are some links to get you started. 

And here's a bonus for my readers...Here's a chance to get some free Clean romance eBooks, but these books are only available through 12/15 so use this link today!

No comments:

Post a Comment